Frequently Asked Questions
- Call our office numbers to speak with our sales representative
How do I know a suitable scale for my company?
- What is a digital weighing scale?
A digital weighing scale displayed weight in digits when a load is placed on the platform.
- What is the difference between digital scale and mechanical scale?
A digital scale has electronics component inside including a load cell/ transducer whereas a mechanical scale has knives and bearings coupled with an indicator to indicate weight.
- What is maximum capacity of any scale indicator displayed?
The maximum capacity is the one up to which the scale can display the reading i.e. if the scale maximum capacity is 60kg, it can weigh up to 60kg.
- What happens if the scale is loaded beyond maximum capacity?
The scale is designed to weigh up to a maximum capacity displayed on it, if the scale is overloaded beyond its capacity the load cell will be affected and the scale might stop working.
- What does ‘e’ indicates on the scale?
The ‘e’ on the scale indicates the minimum increment to be displayed by the scale. i.e. if e= 0.02kg. it means the minimum reading scale can display is 0.02kg.
- How do we clean the scale/ weigh bridge?
The weighing equipment should be cleaned with dry cotton material for the scales and clearing of the increment of the underneath of the weighbridge.
- What is the tolerance error of a scale?
This is the allowance error acceptable to the regulatory manufacturer of the scale.
- What is the minimum weight a scale can display?
This the least weight of the load the scale can ‘sense’.
- How soon can I expect an engineer to visit and solve the problem?
Immediately, but also depends on:
- Availability of Engineer
- Status( i.e contact/ warranty, etc)
- As soon LPO (or other commitment) is made [whichever is applicable].
- What are Coding (Videojet) Sector contacts?
Videojet Department Hotlines: 01-7915144, 07059164750
Departmental e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Videojet department live chat personnel
Edward Agwo: email@example.com (Technical) 08035790393
Agbigbe Ibru: firstname.lastname@example.org (Technical) 08053325172
- Do you still have support for mechanical scale?
Yes, we have parts stocked to support the maintenance of mechanical scales for a very long time.
- Do you service and calibrate other brand of mechanical scales?
Yes, we service, calibrate and certify other brand of mechanical scales.
- How often should calibrate my mechanical scales?
This depends on a number of factors like the frequency of use, your line of trade etc. However, on the average we recommend three times per annual.
- Why should I have an annual maintenance contract on my mechanical scale that rarely have problem?
In down-time situation, we give special attention to our contract customers, and you get to enjoy high discount on spare part purchase.